Placed in Services
Companies in every sector of the economy and throughout the world face increasing pressures to address various policy changes, especially in terms of liberalisation. Regulatory programs are emerging and evolving at the national, regional, and international levels. Shareholders, local governments, key stakeholders, and the general public are demanding and, in many cases, taking action.
In providing strategic advice, N² help clients evaluate and scale the potential risks and rewards associated with relevant policies as they relate to the client’s business plans. In addition, it enables us to craft creative solutions and new approaches to minimize risks and demonstrate leadership during this period of change.
The firm also helps clients develop strategies for responding to compliance obligations and external pressures. In either case, our emphasis is not just on helping clients “comply” but on assisting with strategies that make sense for their bottom line.
Some examples of how the firm assists clients in developing and implementing liberalisation strategies include:
Strategic Business Planning
- We analyze scenarios for potential future policies and resulting impacts on clients.
- We help clients build their own capacity in this area by designing and providing training for company employees, boards of directors, and others.
Identification and Implementation of Options
- When facing liberailsation or working in a liberalised environments, our clients have a range ofoptions: expansion in other territories and/or beyond the core business, preparation for opening of market in a defensive or offensive manner, etc.
- We help clients to evaluate these options and implement those that fit best the business requirements of their company.
Development of a Strategy for Public Outreach
- N² believes that the constraints and opportunities stemming from regulation require in some cases that communications at an internal and external level be reviewed.
- N² works with clients on developing new corporate position statements that support their strategic vision.
Development of a Public Advocacy Strategy
- N² works with clients on the development of strategies for public advocacy, including reaching out to key non-governmental organizations, policy-makers, and other stakeholders.
- We assist clients in engaging in the policy process, developing testimony, drafting position paper and other submissions, and analyzing legislative proposals.